- About us
- What information do we collect about you?
The personal data that we collect, and process may include:
- basic information such as name, employer, title, age, relationship affiliations with a person or organization;
- contact information such as physical address, email address, fax and phone number(s);
- technical information (including your IP address): Information obtained from a visit to our website;
- background information such as provided by you or collected by us as part of our recruitment processes;
- confidential information: provided to us by or on behalf of our clients or generated by us in the course of providing legal services;
- details relating to your visits to our offices; and/or
- any other information relating to you which you may provide to us
- How we use your Personal information?
We will only use your personal information if and to the extent that applicable law allows. We will therefore only process your personal information if:
- it is necessary for the performance of a contract with you or the organisation you work for;
- it is necessary in connection with a legal obligation;
- you have given your consent (where necessary) to such use or the organisation you work for has obtained your consent (where necessary) to share your information with us; or
- if we (or a third party) have a legitimate interest which is not overridden by your interests or your rights and freedoms. Such legitimate interests include the provision of legal services, running the firm’s business and marketing relevant services directly to you.
If you have given us your express consent, we may process your personal data for additional purposes. Please note that you may withdraw your consent at any time, you may so wish.
- Sharing your personal data
TONBOFA Law Practice is a global firm and a list of our offices, together with relevant contact information, may be found on our website. Irrespective of how we obtain your personal data, it may be shared among all the offices within TONBOFA Law Practice. All our offices will always ensure at least a standard level of data protection is always in place. Where we share your personal data with third parties, we will do this in accordance with applicable data protection laws and will take appropriate safeguards to ensure its protection.
- Retaining your personal data
We will only retain your personal information for as long as is necessary for the purpose for which it was collected, including for the purposes of complying with any legal, regulatory, accounting or reporting requirements. We will delete your personal data when it is no longer reasonably required for the Authorized Uses or you withdraw your consent (whichever is applicable), provided that we are not legally required or otherwise authorized to continue to hold such data.
- Your rights
In addition to your rights under applicable data protection legislation and where we are authorized or required by applicable law and by our professional obligations, we will provide you, upon request, with a copy of your personal data and we will correct any errors identified by you. Except as provided above, we will not use your data for any automated decision making or any profiling. You also have the right to withdraw your consent for a specific processing at any time. Once the firm has received notification that you have withdrawn your consent, we will no longer process your information for the purpose or purposes you originally agreed to, unless we have another legitimate basis for doing so in law.
This policy explains what cookies are and how they are used on Veritas websites and applications. We encourage you to read the policy in full so that you understand what information we collect using cookies.
What is a cookie?
A “cookie” is a simple ‘text file’ which typically contains two pieces of information: a site name and a unique user identifier using your Internet Protocol (IP) address, placed onto your device (e.g. computer, smartphone or other electronic device) when you use our website. If you agree, we will store these cookies on your browser or hard drive when you visit our website. We use the following four types of cookie:
Strictly Necessary Cookies
These cookies are essential to make our website work. Without these cookies, our website cannot operate effectively – Examples are; ‘Book an appointment’ and ‘Make an Offer’.
Analytical and Performance Cookies
These cookies allow us to measure and analyse how our customers use the site, to improve both its functionality and your website experience. These cookies do not collect information that identifies you, instead they aggregate masses of data to provide information about how our website is performing.
When you are browsing these cookies remember your preferences and help improve your website experience. These include things like remembering your browsing and language preferences or your chosen image size, meaning we can serve you the best possible experience each time you visit our site.
Targeted Advertising Cookies
These cookies record your visit to our website, the pages you have visited and the links you have followed. We use this information to deliver advertisements which are more relevant to you. For example, location information, products and services status.
By using our website, you agree to us placing these sorts of cookies on your device and accessing them when you visit our website in the future. You can delete any cookies that are already on your device through your browser and opt-out of targeted advertising cookies.
To make full use of your online experience, your computer or device will need to accept cookies. If cookies are not enabled on your computer or device you will be unable to log in, request a valuation, book viewings, or receive an experience personalized to you.
You can enable, disable and delete cookies through your browser. If you choose to disable cookies, our website may not operate correctly, and you may not be able to access secure areas of our website. If you choose to delete your cookies, you may have to update your preferences with us again and the experience you receive upon returning to our site for the first time may be slightly degraded until our cookies update with your preferences again.
If you would like to exercise any of these rights, please contact us by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org